Monday 26 January 2009

Surprise!

Couple of surprises happened this week.

One: Whilst Steve was out of town on a business trip, Lois and I had planned to clear out the spare bedroom/sewing room in Lois' house, and get it all organised. But once we'd accomplished the clearing, we though . . . wouldn't it make more sense to paint it now rather than having to do this all over again later? So we went down to Lowes and bought a bunch of white paint, and one tin of bright green paint. So, one wall is green, and the others are all white. Looks fabulous (photos coming. I'm sorry I've been such a slacker!) Steve knew nothing about it. Hee hee hee. But he loves it, or at least claims to. Good thing, too.

Two: I went dancing this weekend. (No, that's not the surprise.) Friday at the Golden Skillet. It was good fun, as expected. I wore that cute blue dress again (don't worry, photos are coming. I promise!!) which must have worked its magic, because I got asked out on a date! Yes! Me on a real date! Saturday! And it was fun!! Who knew? (Ok, all you married people, obviously. But hey, how come no one ever told me dating was fun?!? I mean, share the love! Literally!) Ok, that's the surprise. And the other half? He asked me out for a second date.

4 comments:

Coila said...

Hey, cool! You *are* having a good time out there! :D

Anonymous said...

Yippeee for painting and a bigger Yippeeee for dates! Congrats Adele! looking fwd to seeing the photos

Trisha said...

Woohoo! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

A second date? Great. I'm glad you didn't miss the call while you were up visiting.