Friday 16 January 2009

The Traveling Gardners Seize the Day!

Ooooh have I had a fun week! Tuesday I went up to my sister's house in Salt Lake. We had plans to meet an old friend from our undergrad days at BYU together. Her name's Leah. You can find out more about her on her blog The Traveling Gardner Family. Leah, Lois and I were to meet up at Cafe Rio, the most amazing pseudo-Mexican food ever. Seriously delicious, though not really Mexican. We got there, and waited, and waited, and waited.... and finally Leah showed up. She's got these two little, adorable, fabulous boys, one of whom is only a few months old, and decided to spit up all over everything just as Leah was trying to get them bundled out the door. Typical. So they eventually arrived, and we had a fabulous lunch together.

Then, the next day, Wednesday, I had to take my Aunt up to her niece's house in Kaysville. That's right up by Hill Air Force Base, which is where Leah and sons live. Her husband's a Supply Sargent in the Army, and is just about to finish his tour in Iraq. So, I figured, a woman all alone with only a toddler and a baby for company? Yeah, she'd enjoy some adult conversation for one night. And I was right! When I asked if I could stay the night Wednesday night, so I didn't have to drive all the way up, just to drive all the way back down to PG, and then drive back to SLC Tuesday, she was thrilled. Her toddler, Ben, was excited to. We read books, played with his trains, and just generally messed about together. It was good fun. And then in the morning I went to Lois'.

1 comment:

Coila said...

What a fun outing! And I love the title of this post. :)