Monday 16 February 2009

V-Day

Well, normally I celebrate Singles Awareness Day on 14 February. This year, however, I had a Victory! A date for Valentine's Day! Around 2.30 in the afternoon I got a text from him saying 'Be dressed and ready to go at 6.30.' Umm.... ok. 'Dressed how? Ready for what?' The reply, 'Dressed . . . and ready.' Ok. 'Skirt or Trousers?' 'Skirt.' Well, that's a t least a little more information. 'Dance or Warm?' 'Classy.' Ooooh. Ok. So I wore my charcoal grey tailored skirt, white blouse and long wool jumper. Black and white. And where did we go? To a production of Romeo and Juliette up at the University of Utah! A very lovely Valentine's Day treat. He actually really likes Shakespeare. The night before we'd watched Much Adu About Nothing. And his favourite is King Leare. A fabulous dancer, academic and Shakespeare fan?!? Wow! How lucky can one girl get? It was almost more fun watching him laugh at the jokes than it was watching the show. And I like Shakespeare! Anyway, it was a great Valentine's Day.

4 comments:

Coila said...

King Lear (no extra "e," what are we Brits?? ;) ) is one of my faves, too! Wow, this guy sounds pretty great!

Miss Megan said...

ADELE! Wooot Wooot! You go girlfriend, and I bet you looked impeccably dressed as always. Who is this mystery man, pray tell?

Trisha said...

That's awesome! I must say, I'm dying of curiosity about this guy...

Heather said...

I'm so glad you had an awesome V-day. You so deserve it! :) And I sincerely hope that he becomes mentionable by name someday soon... ;)