Monday 14 December 2009

Thank You, Vandals!

Today is my last day of teaching for the term. Every Monday I've been heading into London to teach my Language in the USA class at Queen Mary University of London. And I turned up at the train station this morning to catch my train in, only to discover that vandals had stolen the signal box (or something to that effect) up in Wittham, so trains into London were cancelled. All of them. For the whole day. In other words, I ain't gettin into London today! Which, of course, means my class is cancelled. So, I rang the office and told them that I needed someone to put a note on the door and email the students to try and let everyone know. Exciting way to end the term!

2 comments:

collettakay said...

Off a day early! Not a bad thing, I'd say.

Enjoy!

Adele said...

Hoping to get some scrapping done before I leave. I've got everything all packed and I'm totally ready to fly out. Wouldn't it have been nice to have been able to move my flight up?!? Oh well.