Thursday 2 July 2009

Biggin Hill Air Show

I love Air Shows. There's a fabulous one in Biggin Hill, just outside London ever June. And every year I think, 'I should go to that,' but something always comes up. This year I didn't even know it was happening, because I'd been out of town, in Amsterdam and Germany for the two weeks leading up to it. Mom came back to England from Amsterdam with me, and she wanted to go to Rochester Castle on Friday. So we headed off, leaving Colchester in the gorgeous sunshine. But, as we got closer to London, it started to cloud over, and eventually we ended up being poured on from the heavens. So we turned around and headed back to Colchester, which was still sunny and lovely. Saturday, we headed off again to try and go to the castle, hoping for better weather. And about half way there, we started seeing signs saying 'For Biggin Hill use Junction 4 off the M25'. I said, 'Oooh, I keep meaning to go there.' Mom said,' What is it?' I said, 'It's a big air show, but I don't know if you need to buy tickets before the weekend, or if you can get them there.' She said, 'Well, let's go try.' So we did. And it was great.

Some of my favourite shots (Note! If the photo looks like it's upside down, that's because the thing was flying upside down. All of them.):

No comments: