Thursday 23 July 2009

I'm Sorry . . . Me?!?

Got a new calling. (Church responsibility. We're asked -- called -- to do a particular assignment. It's all voluntary work. No monetary recompense. And that's true from the very top all the way down to little ol' me.) I've been in a bunch of callings, especially since I've been at this Ward. It's kind of funny, because about every 6 months, I get released or called (or both) to some calling or other. When I was called to be the 1st Counselor in the Young Women's, I kind of thought I'd broken that cycle. Ha. I went out of town for 5 months (to teach at BYU). Kind of got me released from my calling. Ok, it was a little more than 6 months. But it was still closer to 6 months than it was 12! Actually, I was left in as Music Co-Ordinator. But I think that was just for the fun they would have in releasing me from something the moment I got back. Yeah. I got called to a new position. 2nd Counselor in the Ward Relief Society. Ummm.... what?!? ME?!? I'm not old enough to be in the Relief Society Presidency!!!! Aaaaaah!!!!!!

1 comment:

Gardner Family said...

Hehehee.... Tomorrow I am getting released from 1st counselor in RS! Exactly what I thought when I was called. Everyone else was 60+. Learned a lot. :) Good luck!! And thank u so much for all of your sweet comments on our blog.