Sunday 2 March 2008

Getting the Habit Back (Note: This should have been posted 24 February)

I live with a TriAthlete who's also part of the reigning World 2nd Place QuadAthlon Team, and training for the Edinburgh Marathon. A year and a half ago, I was at the gym every day. I felt great. I should be in fabulous shape. I've got a resident expert, and a fair amount of experience and training. And yet . . . somehow I've let all my previous hard work slip and go to waist (yes, I really did mean waist, not waste). However, I've made a decision. It's back to the gym for me! I actually like exercise! I really do! I'm terribly out of shape, but that's overcomeable. So . . . Claire (who has decided that training in the rain's not all it's cracked up to be) and I have joined the GYM! We joined on Friday night. Unfortunately, due to various prior commitments, we did not get to use the facilities this weekend. But I'm bound and determined to get back into it. Leah? I'm following your exercise blog. You're a real inspiration. I'm not trying to 'do' anything. Just get real exercise back in my schedule.

Those prior commitments? Spring Cleaning. Well . . . Spring Organising! We attacked our bedrooms and the office. Claire, in a herculean effort even managed to put a 3 drawer filing cabinet together. I got the 2 office chairs, but they were really no trouble. You should have heard the swearing (just kidding. Claire's language is always G Rated!) coming from the other room. It was not easy. But she did it! We've got a few missing screws (not loose, though), but the drawers are usable! Now all we have to do is USE them!

1 comment:

Coila said...

That is a good idea. I've been doing pretty much the same thing, but we've just been dancing more often. Good luck with your goal!