Wednesday 26 March 2008

Off On the Road to Morocco . . .

We're off on the Road to Morocco!
This camel is tough on the spine.
Where we're going, why we're going how can we be sure?
I'll lay you 8 to 9 that we'll meet Dorothy Lamour!
Off on the Road to Morocco!
Well hooray! Get in line! Everybody duck! Here comes the green line!
I hear this land is where they do the dance of the 7 veils.
We'd tell you more, but we would have the sensor on our tail!
Off on the Road to Morocco!
The men eat fire, sleep on nails and saw their wives in half.
It seems to me there should be easier ways to get a laugh!
Like Webster's Dictionary, we're Morocco Bound.
Or like the complete works of William Shakespeare that you get at the corner store for a dollar 99!
Or like a complete set of Omar Cayan that you get at the department store at Christmas time for your Cousin Julia!
We're Morocco Bound!

(More or less the words to the Title Song for Bob Hope/Bing Crosby's Road to Morocco, 1942)

This is the last post before I leave for Morocco. I may post during the journey, but don't count on it. In any case, I'll be sure to give a good accounting when I get back, complete with some awesome photos. I'm particularly looking forward to the camel trek out to a Bedouin Tribe in the Sahara, where we'll be spending the night.

Speak to you when I get back!

No comments: