Thursday 18 September 2008

Contract Signed!

Got all the paperwork done today, for my new job. All sorts of fun. I am totally in love with their campus. It's right on a canal, very beautiful. And the buildings, though 'new builds' are actually appealing! Just drove home how terrible Essex is, aesthetically (and facilities wise -- they have a million nice bars/cafes/restaurants/shops, right there. Guess it's a perc of being in the middle of London. More competition = better services.) Crazy thing? I was weirded out by being treated like staff. Crazy, huh? Because . . . I am staff. But the thing is, this is the first time I've ever been a regular at a University where I'm not a student. I'm really excited!

5 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Congratulations!

mel said...

How exciting! Can't wait to hear how your first day goes, Thinking of you!

Coila said...

Yay!! Please blog about how it's going as soon as you have a moment! :D

Gardner Family said...

Yah Adele Yah! Sometimes there are moments when you think, "Holy Crow! I'm an adult!" I bet you are having one of those moments!

:) CONGRATS!

Adele said...

Mel/Coi -- As SOON as I get 10 seconds to put together.

Leah -- YES! That's exactly what I'm feeling!!